Ministry of Home Affairs on Monday, 29.06.2020 issued guidelines on Unlock 2 extending Lockdown in containment zones till 31.07.2020.
Activities permitted during Unlock 2 period outside Containment Zones
In areas outside Containment Zones, all activities will be permitted, except the following:
- Schools, colleges, educational and coaching institutions will remain closed till 31 July, 2020. Online/ distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
Training institutions of the Central and State Governments will be allowed to function from 15 July, 2020, for which Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) will be issued by the Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT).
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA.
- Metro Rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places.
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations.
Dates for re-starting the above activities may be decided separately and necessary SOPs shall be issued for ensuring social distancing and to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Domestic flights and passenger trains have already been allowed in a limited manner. Their operations will be further expanded in a calibrated manner.
Movement of individuals shall remain strictly prohibited between 10.00 pm to 5.00 am throughout the country, except for essential activities, including operation of industrial units in multiple shifts, movement of persons and goods on National and State Highways, loading and unloading of cargo and travel of persons to their destinations after disembarking from buses, trains and airplanes.
Protection of vulnerable persons
Persons above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 years are advised to stay at home, except for essential and health purposes.
Use of Aarogya Setu
- Aarogya Setu enables early identification of potential risk of infection, and thus acts as a shield for individuals and the community.
- With a view to ensuring safety in offices and work places, employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones.
- District authorities may advise individuals to install the Aarogya Setu application on compatible mobile phones and regularly update their health status on the app. This will facilitate timely provision of medical attention to those individuals who are at risk.
National Directives for COVID-19 Management
- Face coverings: Wearing of face cover is compulsory in public places; in workplaces; and during transport.
- Social distancing: Individuals must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet (2 gaz ki doori) in public places. Shops will ensure physical distancing among customers.
- Gatherings: Large public gatherings/ congregations continue to remain prohibited.
Marriage related gatherings: Number of guests not to exceed 50.
Funeral/ last rites related gatherings: Number of persons not to exceed 20.
- Spitting in public places will be punishable with fine, as may be prescribed by the State/ UT local authority in accordance with its laws, rules or regulations.
- Consumption of liquor, paan, gutka, tobacco etc. in public places is prohibited.
Additional directives for Work Places
- Work from home (WfH): As far as possible the practice of WfH should be followed.
- Staggering of work/ business hours will be followed in offices, work places, shops, markets and industrial & commercial establishments.
- Screening & hygiene: Provision for thermal scanning, hand wash and sanitizer will be made at all entry and exit points and common areas.
- Frequent sanitization of entire workplace, common facilities and all points which come into human contact e.g. door handles etc., will be ensured, including between shifts.
- Social distancing: All persons in charge of work places will ensure adequate distance between workers, adequate gaps between shifts, staggering the lunch breaks of staff, etc.